In September of 2019, I spent some time in the state capital of Pennsylvania, Harrisburg, on behalf of the Emily Jerry Foundation. I was working with the Pennsylvania Society of Health System Pharmacists (PSHP) team of pharmacy experts,… Read More
Posted on April 24, 2017
Upcoming Speaking Engagement at Texas Hospital Association
Really looking forward to heading to Austin, Texas for the next few days for another speaking engagement with the Texas Hospital Association! Here is an excerpt from their website discussing the goals and objectives of the program I will be taking part in.
Quality and Patient Safety Conference
April 25-26, 2017
Embassy Suites San Marcos
Hotel, Spa and Conference Center
This activity is jointly provided by AXIS Medical Education and The Texas Hospital Association.
1. Identify actionable methods that can be used to provide care to patients.
2. Review barriers to quality improvement.
3. Clarify common reporting complexities.
4. Define adequate measurement outcomes.
5. Describe the effects of patient aggression of both patient and staff safety.
6. Demonstrate how to use data to identify health disparities.
7. Identify features of a high reliability organization.
8. Discuss four guiding principles of Patient and Family Centered Care and their use in quality improvement.
9. Identify solutions to prevent medical errors.
10. Discuss best practices that are proven to minimize the “human error” component of medicine.
11. Identify three frequently reported preventable adverse events in Texas.